Friday, March 26, 2010

My First Digital Painting

Hi

Nick(my friend) announced a Digital Painting Competition on our group blog 'Animation Conclave' on 28 Jan 2010 and everyone was surprised about my participation in that competition, because I never did a painting as such before this, everyone encouraged me. The topic was 'An Abandoned Ship'.We were supposed to post the WIPs(work in progress) daily and last date of final submission was 1 Feb 2010.

 
The above image was my first WIP post. Everyone had a doubt about this, including me, he he... Actually this one was not supposed to be my first WIP. Due to some technical issues I couldn't complete the first WIP post.


Now this one was supposed to be my first WIP but it was my second. Lots of suggestions were there after this WIP post, use of texture brushes, addition of characters. But everything was there in my mind but some how I couldn't punt it on the digital canvas in my early posts, maybe that was because this was my first digital painting and it was going to be judged, it was not just an attempt but a participation in competition with really good artists.At a moment I was about to quit, but I didn't, and I am glad that I didn't.


The above one was my third WIP post. I was excited to read comments on this and it was a great feeling to read words like COOL, WOW!, and one comment was like ' are you guys professionals?' I was like WHOA!!etc. I was happy at the moment.


And finally I completed my first digital painting and I am proud.

Follow the link below for all other entries:

http://animationconclave.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Tany!

2 comments:

  1. Yup! it was a great experience to see everyone compete and you too. I loved your painting man! This was a really good one for the first attempt. Keep on painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya...evry1's paintngs wr gud...bt who won...?

    ReplyDelete